Stevie is a successful keynote speaker, corporate trainer, entertainer, author, happy husband, and frazzled stepdad.
In addition to his role as Executive Director of Stevie Ray’s Improv Company, he has been a nationally recognized speaker and corporate trainer for over 35 years. The author of eleven books, he was a national columnist for the Business Journal Newspapers for twenty-five years.
Stevie has traveled the country helping organizations master the art of influence and sharpen professional skills. His clients include Fortune 500 companies and small organizations alike.
Stevie performed his first comedy show at the age of nine and has been making people laugh ever since. Touring the country as an improvisational and stand-up comedian, he has opened for such stars as Paula Poundstone, Marsha Warfield of Night Court, Rich Hall of Saturday Night Live, and “Weird Al” Yankovic. He also serves as master of ceremonies for fundraisers and major events.
More fun facts about Stevie Ray:
- The only person in the country to design his own college degree in Theory and Performance of Comedy at Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- A martial artist since 1977 and holder of four black belts
- A former bodyguard for Pee Wee Herman (yes, really)
- The owner of Steve’s Bees Minnesota Honey, producing natural honey from his own beehives (actually, the bees do all the work)
- A volunteer for the Minnesota State Services for the Blind, recording books for the blind and visually impaired
- An award-winning blues harmonica player
- His home-made baklava won 3rd Place at the Minnesota State Fair.