Stevie is a successful keynote speaker, corporate trainer, entertainer, author, husband, and stepdad. He is equal parts entertainer and educator.
In addition to his role as Executive Director of Stevie Ray’s Improv Company, he has been a nationally recognized speaker and corporate trainer for over 30 years. The author of ten books, he has been a columnist for the Business Journal Newspapers nationwide since 1997.
Stevie has traveled the world helping people sharpen professional skills to take them to the next stage of their development. His clients include Fortune 500 companies to small organizations.
Stevie performed his first show at the age of nine and has been making people laugh ever since, touring the country as an improvisational and stand-up comedian. He has opened for such stars as Paula Poundstone, Marsha Warfield of Night Court, Rich Hall of Saturday Night Live, and “Weird Al” Yankovic. He also serves as master of ceremonies for fundraisers and major events.
More fun facts about Stevie Ray:
- The only person in the country to design his own college degree in Theory and Performance of Comedy at Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- A martial artist since 1977 and holder of four black belts
- A former bodyguard, one client was Pee Wee Herman (yes, really)
- The owner of Steve’s Bees Minnesota Honey, producing natural honey from his own beehives (actually, the bees do all the work)
- A volunteer for the Minnesota State Services for the Blind, recording books on tape for the blind and visually impaired
- An award-winning blues harmonica player
- His home-made baklava, made with his own honey, won 3rd Place at the Minnesota State Fair (the largest state fair in the U.S.).